No. of Donations
- loading...Cash bounty for the removal of ~50 crown of thorns starfish (@ 25cents each), representing the saving of some 18,000 fist-sized corals per year (COTS eat a fist-sized coral per day).
- loading...Saving five coral genotypes resistant to bleaching, by incorporating them into nurseries protected from predators. Field scoping, trimming, and planting to the nursery.
- loading...Buys a snokel, mask, and fins for one community volunteer trainee (becomes their own property dependent of filling their quota of time on the project or COTS collected)
- loading...Funds an individual community youth leader to follow up with volunteers on the coral nurseries and with COTS removal for six months.
- loading...Coral nursery of bleaching resistant corals: Metal bar "table" structure with suspended ropes and wire mesh trays used to grow "mother corals", trimmed at one year for replanting reef patches.
- loading...Pays the cost for one community Coral health and Climate Change Adaptation workshop, preferably where existing no-fishing areas are already well established.
- loading...Special project support for coral work in Tuvalu, in association with the GG Happy Chicken project sites, where small-scale chicken farming is being promoted as an alternative to overfishing.
- loading...Strategy and workshops for Kiribati (Christmas Island), working with the Ministry of Fisheries, who have asked for urgent assistance with the corals.